Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Today was one of those days I don't like yet at the same time wound up enjoying. Lately I've been meeting with a bunch of guys on a monthly basis. Today was the day. I didn't look forward to it.

We spent a lot of time reviewing a book which I didn't like. The book didn't fit me. I found several good things in it but I was constantly aggravated by the author (Donald Miller).

I really do love the church. I always have (at least as far back as I can remember) and Miller was doing a job on it. "Us and them" seemed to come out so often-- the church being "us" and the rest of the world being "them." I've never felt that way about the church. I have always seen the church as actually caring about "them" although as I look back the efforts were often feeble.

I don't want to be phony about caring for people. I really don't. What will it cost?

I have a lot to learn. The church is changing so much. People are changing so much. Am I?

No comments: